Wednesday, July 5, 2006

July 4th Fireworks

July 4,2006 Fireworks

This would be my last July 4th in US before returning to India. The fireworks as part of the Independence day in US is a marvelous occasion to be part of. This is held in all major towns and cities in US on the evening of July 4th.

I had been to this event few times in Charleston and once in Myrtle Beach, SC. We went to Mount Pleasant to witness this. I had taken my camera and tripod to capture some fireworks photos. I had never tried to capture one before and did do some homework on how to do this. There were lot of people assembled for the event. This is one of the few times you will see huge crowd in US. It is like a mela we have in India with all kind of bands, small food shops, entertainment events etc. A very colorful and entertaining event.

Sometimes I wonder, why we do not celebrate ours like this. US is independent for more than 300 years, but still you see the enthusiasm and public participation in the way July 4th is celebrated. I seldom see this in India and it is mostly a political event celebrated just as a duty than anything else.

July 4,2006 Fireworks

I did take some good pictures of the fireworks and surprisingly they came out very well. So I can say I learned how to operate a camera now. Few tips and tricks. Thanks to the internet where as usual there were lot of resources on how to picture a fireworks.

See more photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide your comments about this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...