Sunday, November 7, 2010

Birds of Cubbon Park, Bangalore

Eagle
Eagle at Cubbon Park Lake
Finally, I took out time after a long time to blog.  It is really sad that my last post was in April this year.  So much time has gone and looks like I have been too busy.  Last week had few long weekends due to Diwali and Karnataka Rajyotsava.  We were sick in turn and couldn't make use of the long weekends.  We finally decided to go out and went to Cubbon park yesterday.  My brother from Chennai was here for the holidays.  My sole intention was to take some bird photos.


I have been to Cubbon Park couple of time earlier, but my wife and brother had not been there.  I have told them not to expect too much.  When we entered the park, I couldn't find any birds except Crows.  When we walked past the Balbhavan exit gate, there was a small lake on the right side.  I found some birds, mainly an eagle who was resting on a broken bamboo pole.  This is the first time I am using my new Sigma lens and I could get some close shots of the bird.  There was also Pond Heron (Grey Heron) seen in the lake.


Pond Heron
Pond Heron (Grey Heron)
When we walked forward, there were large number of people with kids playing in the garden.  There wasn't much to see.  We had our kid play there for some time.  The whole place was full of trash and dung.  One of the very poorly maintained garden in Bangalore.  This being in the heart of the City, I wonder why this is so neglected.

Rose Ringed Parakeet
Rose Ringed Parakeet
In between couple of parakeets flew and sat on a nearby tree.  They were beautiful and spend just few minutes there.  I could get a glimpse of them with my camera.

Rose Ringed Parakeet
Rose Ringed Parakeet
I was hoping to see more birds, but there were only few.  The climate was cloudy and this was not a great time to take photos.   May be there are more birds during morning hours.  But looking at the condition of the park, I am not sure if I will come back there again.

Squirrel
Squirrel

2 comments:

  1. Your posts have been really interesting. I have linked to many of your posts in mine. Please do take a look at http://travelwithgs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post with beautiful pictures of birds of Cubbon park . Its a very calming place to spend quality time. The information about the Cubbon park timings , entry fee, location etc is very important before planning a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Provide your comments about this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...